- SWERFs: I'm anti sex industry because I just want to help women! Sex work is sex trafficking!
- Sex worker activists: Except it's not, they're two different things and the key difference between them is consent and autonomy. It's like comparing farming with agricultural slavery. Also equating sex work with sex trafficking actually harms BOTH sex workers and sex trafficking victims. There are hundreds, if not thousands of sex worker activists and academic sex workers who are working hard to improve working conditions and destigmatize sex work while creating a world in which sex trafficking doesn't exist and sex trafficking victims can seek support and help. Also by attempting to define and disempower two groups of people when you belong to neither, you are speaking over people who are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves.
- SWERFs: Shhhhhhhh
- SWERFs: Stop talking, I can't refute all these points but I just know you're wrong.
- SWERFs: I know better than you because I am completely uninvolved in and ignorant about this industry. My ignorance makes me impartial.
- SWERFs: Why are you telling me I'm talking over you, I just want to save you.
- SWERFs: I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU STOP TALKING WHEN I AM SAVING YOU!
The imperialist ideology of force, from whatever side it comes, must be shattered for all time. … Centralised hegemony … must be cut down at its inception. The illusory structure of autonomous national industry must disappear. [x]
The six most recognised members of the German resistance group were arrested by the Gestapo, tried for treason and beheaded in 1943. The text of their sixth leaflet was smuggled by Helmuth James Graf von Moltkeout of Germany through Scandinavia to the United Kingdom, and in July, 1943, copies of it were dropped over Germany by Allied planes, retitled “The Manifesto of the Students of Munich.”
Whenever someone refers to the gay community as “queer folk” I imagine us all like woodland sprites, we are the queer folk community, we are born of flowers and fairy dust, we are destroying the sanctity of marriages and corrupting children
It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these round-up posts. Call it a combination of being busy and also having depression. The good news for you is this means it’s a bumper link round-up! I read some things. Perhaps you’ll find them interesting too.
Say What?: On Speechlessness, Racism and Respectability in #Ferguson (Crunk Feminist Collective)- A beautiful reaction to recent events.
depression is like trying to peel a potato with another potato its not fun it doesnt work and you just wanna cry
…why is this such a good metaphor what the fuck
i reblogged it before but then it got better